Government funded and general kindergarten places at Jindi Woraback
Jindi Woraback aims to provide as much access as possible to quality kindergarten for all families in St Albans and the City of Brimbank. All children receive the same professional attention and guided play and interest based learning. We employ a Government recognised kindergarten teacher.
GOVERNMENT FUNDED KINDERGARTEN PLACES
- Teachers must have a Bachelor of Early Childhood Education (or equivalent)
- Attendees must participate at a minimum number of hours
- Attendees may not be enrolled in more than one government funded kindergarten program
- Jindi Woraback offers the general kindergarten program to cater for attendees requiring more hours
Jindi Woraback embraces play-based learning. Programs are developed from the children’s interests through the Te Whariki curriculum, the National Early Years Learning Framework and The Victorian Early Years Learning and Development Framework.
KINDERGARTEN GRADUATION: A CELEBRATION OF COMMUNITY
Jindi Woraback celebrates a kindergarten graduation ceremony each year. Children may perform for friends and family and a DVD presentation of the year’s play, learning and friendship is shown. The ceremony is followed by lunch and a dance, making it a real community day.
THE LEARNING TOOLS YOUR CHILDREN WILL USE
KINDERGARTEN ACCESS GUIDELINES
The following guidelines are used to decide priority of access for four year old kindergarten attendees:
- Children who have not previously received a funded year of kindergarten
- Children who turn 4 on or before the 30 th of April
- Children who are currently using the centre
- Children who attend funded kindergarten elsewhere but need childcare will be able to do so providing they are not taking the place of a child needing funded kindergarten
- Families who want their child to have a second year of kindergarten but do not receive Government approval have the option of doing so, however they will be required to pay the equivalent funding the centre would otherwise receive for a child in their first year of kindergarten